Ending Maternity Leave Grief





With less than five days to go there’s no getting away from it. My joy filled year of freedom is nearly over and I have to haul my ass back in to work.
Ok, it’s just 3 KIT days, I still have 6 weeks holiday left, but it marks the beginning of the end. No more wearing whatever I can lay my hands on. No more doing what I want, when I want. No more eating whenever I feel like or driving when the roads are empty! No, as of Friday I am once again a working mum and I could cry.

Roughly, I think this puts me at stage 4 in the Ending Maternity Leave Grief process – one more to go! If you’re not familiar with the five stages of Ending Maternity Leave Grief I’ve listed them below:

1.       Denial - So I've got 12 months to earn enough money to stay at home with my little cherub, that’s doable right? I mean look at this house, I’m practically sitting on a gold mine here - Is that a first edition Harry Potter on the bookshelf!

2.       Anger - What do you mean the book didn’t bloody sell! I now have one less week to become self-sufficient and if the stupid buyers in eBayland can’t see the value of a tea stained Potter book then screw them!

3.       Bargaining - The eBay thing didn’t work. I’m over it and I have like so many other talents, right? Like baking, everyone loves my cakes and I could easily turn that in to a business… Bake them in the kitchen then sell them to friends, family, strangers… This could work. I could set up my own business! Sure it’d be hard work in the begging but so are babies. I’ve got this.

4.       Depression - Ok the cakes fell flat (literally) just like my eBay venture and the work from home dream job was nothing more than a pyramid scheme. My work-free life is slipping through my fingers. *sobs hysterically*

5.       Acceptance - There is only one way that I can earn enough money to fund my lifestyle, yep you guessed it, work. Better call HR and confirm my return date…

If you have any tips to help me with my ending maternity leave grief please comment below or tweet me

If you liked this you might also like:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not so incy wincy...

Time to banish the mum pouch!

Fun filled day out on a budget.