Kicking the co-sleeping habit




Sat here looking at his cute little face and hearing his adorable chuckles of laughter, it’s hard to believe that my angel faced boy is kicking my ass every night. Because, when it comes to sleep, this kid has got me beat.

It started out innocently enough. I was exhausted after 6 months of getting up every few hours (cheers breastfeeding) and had the bright idea that Lie down night feeding was the answer. How very wrong I was.

The lie down night feeds roughly translated to me falling asleep whilst feeding my little cherub - only waking to roll over and pop him on the other boob. I know I should have felt guilty about the whole ‘co-sleeping is a no-no’ rule but I couldn’t, I was too busy enjoying all of the sleep. So, I resolved to put the little guy back in his cot just as soon as I’d caught up on my own sleep.

That day never came and, four months later he’s still in our bed! The night starts out well enough; he has his last feed in his bedroom and goes to sleep in his cot without a fuss. But somehow, inexplicably, I keep on find him in our bed the next morning. My husband is adamant that I’m the one bringing him in, but I have no recollection of this — far too busy catching some shut eye.

So this is it, my public declaration: I’m tired of sleeping without a quilt (or a pillow) and arching my back so the little man can have his midnight snack. The baby is banished from our bed!
 In truth I’m about as optimistic as a smoker on their twentieth attempt at quitting, but I’m hoping I can see this through.

If anybody, anywhere has a tip to help me along the way, please comment or tweet me

If you liked this you might also like:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not so incy wincy...

Time to banish the mum pouch!

Fun filled day out on a budget.