Wonderful Wednesdays!

(Manuel Pizza Face)

So up until a few months ago Wednesdays were the turning point in our week: The laundry had began to pile up, work and school had worn us out, and there was a whole 2 days to go until the weekend!

Sick of our midweek energy dip and being too tired to talk on a Friday; I had a long hard think...

I decided to change the way we handle our Wednesday evenings so that we would have more energy to get through the rest of the week. Now every Wednesday we do things a lot differently; since I'm the latest one home, as soon as my foot is through
the door I swap my work shoes for my wellies and we go outside for a family adventure. By the time we return home, our tummies are rumbling so we prepare a fun family meal (see Manuel pizza face above). We then spend the rest of the night Colouring or playing make-believe with the little man before it's time for bed. Once he's tucked away for the night, my partner and I have a good old clean before settling down for a movie. 

We've now had over three months of Wonderful Wednesdays and I can honestly say that the effect on our household has been astounding. We all have more energy towards the end of the week as well as a more positive outlook. 
Having the focused time together midweek helps my partner and I to feel less like passing ships, and the little man thinks our adventures are super fun.
To top it off, I've been full of energy in work on a Friday afternoon!  

By the time the weekends do roll in, our busy weeks haven't drained us, we're all full of beans and ready for more fun.

If you liked this you might also like:










Comments

  1. That sounds like a great idea, it is so easy to get dragged down by tiredness and to veg out in front of the television!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is, especially in the winter. I'm glad we've started getting out (through the week) as a family. It has made a huge difference in our energy levels. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not so incy wincy...

Fun filled day out on a budget.

Time to banish the mum pouch!