Liar Liar your bums on fire!

                                                         ( picture by Taylor Dawn Fortune )





So the little man and I were chatting at the breakfast table the other morning when quite abruptly he asked.
 “Mummy we’re do babies come from?” after choking on a mouthful of cereal, I recovered myself quickly enough to reply.
 “Well a mummy and daddy wish very hard for a baby and then the baby grows in the mummy’s tummy until it’s ready to come out. Then the doctor helps the mummy to get the baby out at the hospital.”
 “Oh, is that what the mark is on your tummy?”
 “Yes, that’s exactly what the scar is” I said, thanking god for my emergency c - section.

Though I was pleased to have avoided ‘babygate’ relatively unscathed, I couldn't help wondering whether the little white lie I told would come back to haunt me.

Santa, the Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and the magic baby bringing stalk are all acceptable tales in most family households.  Yet I do wonder if we should then demand complete honesty from our children as they grow into adults.  After all most childhood years are littered with a series of little white lies and truth avoidance's from parents. Do we do this to make childhood more enjoyable or maybe to delay the monotony of adulthood?
Whatever the reason, parents do lie and children learn from their parents.
I think I’m going to deviate from the norm: Truth bending is now acceptable in our home, unless said truth bending would cause harm or hurt feeling, oh and truth bending for personal gain is forbidden.

Maybe if we were more truthful about our lies, children will follow suit. 

If you liked this, you might also like:






And an interesting blog on another site:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not so incy wincy...

Fun filled day out on a budget.

Time to banish the mum pouch!