There really aren't enough hours in the day!



Yes that's right, having reached the end of my tether I have decided to smash up all of the clocks in the land. How else can I fit in the one hundred and fifty two million things on my to do list? seriously how!

I have worked out that as a full time working parent I spend 16 hours awake. 16 hours seems like a lot of hours right? Wrong, lets see what happens when you break down the average day for this modern parent:

Morning Rush 1hour - The mad morning rush, spent shooing my son around the house whilst simultaneously feeding, dressing and bathing him before sprinting off to the car for...

The school/work commute 2 hours -  Two hours of my day spent whizzing to and from school or work in rush hour traffic. Must all schools open at the same time?

Work 9 hours - Although I'm only paid for seven of them, for my lunch hour I'm trapped within the confines of my workplace and the other hour accounts for the stuff I inevitably take home at the end of every day.

Dinner 1 hour- I won't lie, I don't cook but I do feature heavily in the preparation, eating, chatter and clear up of our evening family meal.

Cleaning 1 hour - One hour of, not cleaning, but tidying. I honestly don't have time to bring out the big guns (mop and bleach) until the weekend.

Essential maintenance 1 hour - A quick shower and a bit of body maintenance is a necessity not a luxury. We don't want the neighbours to point and stare do we.

Mummy and Son time 1 hour - Just an hour a day to play with the little man, it breaks my heart. It's one of the main reasons why I often toy with the idea of being a stay at home mum, especially during the school holidays.

The final  1 hour - In a perfect world this hour would be spent with my partner, winding down and relaxing. In reality I usually spend this hour on the phone to my mother, or the landlord, or British Gas!

There really aren't enough hours in my day, if anybody out there is in possession of a time machine then please do not hesitate to tweet me @channy_kay

Comments

  1. I think this helps to explain why my day is 19 hours long! It's tough x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! wow 19 hours, I take my hat off to you x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not so incy wincy...

Time to banish the mum pouch!

Fun filled day out on a budget.